6/23/04–Legend of Zelda : Four Swords Adventures

Home Forums UltimaLink’s Game of the Day 6/23/04–Legend of Zelda : Four Swords Adventures

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  UltimaLink 15 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

UltimaLink

As requested by Gman… :)
    Before you read this, I DID write it all myself.No pasting other’s work anymore.

Well I finally picked up this game after a few weeks of being released, and it is pretty amazing to say the least. It comes in a larger than usual cardboard fancy box bundled with the GC-GBA link cable to use your GBA as a controller. The game is alot of fun with 2 or more players, as you can compete to see how many enemies, force gems (like rupees) you can collect. There is alot of co-op work to be done as well. Think LTTP with alot of special effects, and multiplayer co-op. Not only does it have an adventure mode, it has a Battle mode for multiplayer, which is very fun. In the game for example, when you go into a cave,fall down a hole,go into a house, etc, this is displayed on your GBA screen. Quite genious how all of these elements are combined to form strategic and unique puzzles in order to get to the next area.

Heres my overall rundown:

Story:
    Graphics:
    Nothing special, but the special effects using the Gamecube power is truly appealing to the eye.
    Gameplay:
    Think an overhead Zelda game with co-op and other functions. It may not seem much, but it is alot of fun.
    Sound:
    Basically alot of the music is from LTTP but remixed.At least it all sounds good.
    Lasting Appeal:
    With 8 areas of Hyrule, then 3-4 “levels” that take multiple hours to complete within each, it will take you along time to complete.

Overall: 9.5

Heres some pictures mostly displaying 1-player mode, and some multiplayer.In some of the pics also, it shows what is happening on the GBA screen.

Gman
    Keymaster

We tried to play that at gameday, but nobody had the cords to plug the gba’s in :(

jfmangano

So, let me guess…the Red Link is the cute one, the Green is the reassuring older brother type, the Blue is the know-it-all, and the Purple…well, let’s not go there. :D

Gman
    Keymaster

No, Blue is leader, Red is the pissed off one, Green *COUGH NOT ORANGE* is the comical one, and Purple invents stuff.

Gman
    Keymaster

m0g! MYSTIC QUEST!

jfmangano

It’s near and dear to my heart.

UltimaLink

Am I the only one who hated Mystic Quest?

UltimaLink

:tmnt3:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.