9/22/03–Game of the Day–Megaman 2

Home Forums UltimaLink’s Game of the Day 9/22/03–Game of the Day–Megaman 2

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  UltimaLink 16 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

UltimaLink

Possibly the greatest original Megaman game? Many do say so.Megaman 2 on NES boasted great music for its time, the best of the NES bunch.Okay, get it straight. The real reason Mega Man was such a popular title was because of its MUSIC(and there was the fun little gameplay thing too.) Of course, I’m over-doing it a little, but seriously, the music on the Mega Man games was, to my mind, the best on the NES sytem. Period. I am quite aware that individual titles(Castlevania II, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Battletoads,) had some songs that were INDIVIDUALLY noteworthy, but take a collection of songs from ANY Mega Man game and they will beat the living crud out of them in terms of catchiness, inspired-ness, and just plain coolness. Mega Man 2 comes soooo close for the title of the best music on the NES system, but it was sadly eclipsed by its sequel, MM3. But that definitely doesn’t mean that these songs lagged in any way! HECK NO! With the exception of the second part of the Doctor Wiley stages, ALL of the songs were WAAAAY above par! My ”most notables” include Bubbleman, FLASHMAN(absolutely perfect), Crashman, and the first doctor Wiley stage. The only reason I didn’t include the others was because the music fitted the mood SO well that not selecting them was merely a matter of taste (I tend not to like certain styles as much as others.) You will probably have a different list, but Flashman will STILL be at the top. Guaranteed.

Ranman311

dont believe a word that gman may tell you

i did not enjoy playing this game :)

Gman
    Keymaster

OH SHIT! You know this is the greatest game ever made… Excellent choice there Link. This game is so sexy, I played it eleventy billion times over… and I got Ranman to play it, and he was lovin’ it… I mean, I couldn’t pull him away from the computer. He was so into it. :D

Ranman311

compulsive lying is a problem, you should really look into that

Co0bs
    Participant

seriously gman, some of us are just sick of it

Yaeger
    Participant

you should join compulsive liers anonymous, yeah…we have free gifts for members…..yep

jfmangano

Mega Man…that’s what the girls call me! :D

Yaeger
    Participant

And they call me Dr. Light

Gman
    Keymaster

and the sexy girls get a Rush of…

(I’ll let you finish that sentence.)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.