October 13, 2003 at 9:40 pm #1736
Those of you who attended Pat’s party already know about this, and here is the official announcement for it. For the last two year’s we’ve held a Fantasy League for the WWE, and both times it has been pretty fun. The first year was really just a practice, the rules were thrown together in pretty much one day, but they formed the basis of rules of last year, and for this years draft. Ranman’s Allstars won the first year, coming down to the last PPV to decide which team would win. Last year we played for money, and thing’s went pretty smoothly. In the end, Hayes’ Hitmen won the pot by a pretty sizable lead…
Which brings us to this year. The WWE Draft was doomed to die last year, because of the distance between us all. But I thought the message board would be a good way to keep track of stats, rosters, etc. So here I am, proposing yet another WWE Draft.
Anyone who wants to play, all you have to do is post here and say so.
Here are the rules, all are subject to change before the actual draft begins. After the draft begins, rule changes must be proposed to the other players before they can be accepted.
1. The Draft season will begin on Mon. October 20th (the night after No Mercy). The season will end on Sun. March 14th (Wrestlemania).
2. Only RAW, Smackdown, and PPV matches are ever counted towards points. Heat and Velocity events do not have any effect over the overall standings.
3. Each team is made up of a group of five wrestlers. In the past we have required each team to have at least one women wrestler, however, this rule is no longer in effect. Women wrestlers are optional.
4. One wrestler of each team is allowed to be declared the “team leader.” The team leader is eligible for double points for any match points he receives. Belt Points can not be doubled.
5. Roster changes must be made after Thursday, but before Monday. Your roster on Monday morning is the roster you must keep for the rest of the week. You may not change it between shows.
6. The person with the least amount of points is allowed the first roster change, followed by the second to last ranked and so on. After everyone has changed, or has passed, the cycle begins again if anyone would like to make another roster change.
1. Here is the point breakdown for match points:
Singles Win: 2 points
Tag Win: 1 point each
Handicap (singles): 2 points
Handicap (tag team): 1 point each
Triple Threat or Four Way Dance Win: 2 points
Tag Team (three player teams): 1 point each
Specialty matches do not count for extra points.
2. These are bonus points you will receive for winning a title:
WWE Championship: 7 points
Heaviwieght Championship: 7 points
United States Championship: 5 points
Intercontinental Title: 5 points
Cruiserwieght Title: 4 points
Women’s Championship: 4 points
Tag Team Titles: 2 points each
3. All match points are doubled for “Brand PPV’s”. This includes only the PPV’s that are exclusive to one show.
4. All match points are tripled for “Co-produced PPV’s”. These are PPV’s headlined by superstars from both RAW and Smackdown.
5. Team leaders receive double points for all match points they receive. The PPV points rules still apply to them, so they will recieve 4 times points on a Brand PPV and 6 times points on a Co-produced PPV.
6. A loss will result in a penalty of 1 point being deducted from the total score of a player. This never changes depending on match type or PPV. Any loss will result in this penalty.
These are the rules for now. I’ll update the rest later, just tell me what I missed or suggest what I should add.
October 13, 2003 at 9:52 pm #5733
Not completely positive how this works, but I’ll play you’re game you rouge.
October 13, 2003 at 9:57 pm #5736
You’ll figure it out quick…you Canadian ponce.
October 13, 2003 at 10:00 pm #5737
Count me out. Taker has scarred me for life.
October 13, 2003 at 10:02 pm #5738
C’mon, there’s no way you can do worse then you did last year.
October 13, 2003 at 10:36 pm #5741
Are you playing for money this year as well?
October 13, 2003 at 10:51 pm #5745
Nah, collecting it would be too hard.
October 13, 2003 at 11:05 pm #5752
ok, good, cause im poor.
October 13, 2003 at 11:22 pm #5760
poor man draft!
October 14, 2003 at 12:55 am #5767
no money but there should still be a prize
October 14, 2003 at 1:01 am #5771
October 14, 2003 at 1:13 am #5775
October 14, 2003 at 3:45 am #5814
The winner should get eleventy-billion ounces of cheesecake! :o
October 14, 2003 at 3:54 am #5822
oh yea i just realized i forgot to say…. i’m in!
October 16, 2003 at 2:17 am #6018
if the draft’s beginning monday, then we gotta pick teams soon
October 16, 2003 at 4:21 am #6022
Last day for sign-ups is today, we’ll make picks Friday-Monday. Someone tell Dave to come, we need more people.
So far it’s Gary, Randy, and me. If you want in make sure you say so.
October 18, 2003 at 5:38 am #6103
Okay, I figured we would get at least 5 people to join, but we didn’t. Can some other people please join in? I’m not going to bother if no one cares about this. I guess I’ll have to postpone the draft until next week…
October 18, 2003 at 5:17 pm #6109
SON OF A BITCH PEOPLE LET’S GET WITH THE PROGRAM!
October 18, 2003 at 7:52 pm #6112
Is it so wrong to hate completely sucking at WWE drafts? I ask you sincerely.
October 18, 2003 at 8:09 pm #6114
joe this is your year, i can smell it
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.